How to Deal with a Commercial Roof Leak
No one wants to tackle a commercial roof leak…well, except us. At SUNVEK, we’ve resolved thousands of leaking roof concerns and helped our customers get back to business with minimal interruption.
How Serious Are Roof Leaks?
No matter the size of the commercial roof leak, the situation is never ideal. The truth is a leaking roof can cause structural damage and ruin equipment, inventory, flooring, furniture, and insulation.
These issues can halt production, affect profits, and add stress to you and your team’s everyday working environment. So, it’s best to catch the problem before it starts.
How to Identify Leaks in your Commercial Roof
Some tell-tale signs of a leak in your roof include:
- Stained walls or ceilings
- Standing pools of water on your roof
- The smell of mold
- Water dripping inside your building
If you spot (or smell) one of these occurring in your commercial building, it’s time to get the experts involved.
Oh No! I’ve Got a Roof Leak. Now What?
If you notice one of the above abnormalities in your commercial building, the first step is minimizing internal damage:
- Move any furniture, inventory, and employees who might be affected by the drip or the smell. Next, mark where the leak is showing up with duct tape. Afterward, take a look around to see if there are any more leaks.
- Now, schedule a roof inspection. A roof inspector will come out to your location to assess the damage in person. The inspector will put his or her observations in a report, with recommendations on repairs for your commercial roof.
- When you hire pros like SUNVEK to perform this task, you can rest assured knowing that we’ll assess the cause and origen, and we’ll identify and repair the source of the issue, so you can relax and focus on your business again.
If under warranty, check your warranty to see if the damage is covered by the contractor or manufacturer!
Do I Really Need a Roof Inspector? It’s Only a Little Drip
The longer you go without a roof inspection, the more damage is occurring to your roof, even if you don’t see it.
In fact, outside forces, including rain, are continuing to erode and get inside your commercial building. We recommend calling us as soon as you spot symptoms of a leak. Delay can result in a minor repair turning into a huge financial undertaking.
By addressing the problem quickly, you save money!
Get Your Free Roofing Estimate Today
Need help with a roof leak? We’re only a phone call away. We know roof leaks can be daunting, but our experienced team is here to help you get past it and back to business! Call SUNVEK at 623-349-7663 (623-Fix Roof) to resolve your roof concerns!
Ready to start your project?
More From Our Blog
We get it—no one likes even thinking about commercial roof leaks! They can be expensive to fix, inconvenient and can…
When beginning a reroofing project, roof insulation should be at the top of your list! Insulation is an absolute necessity,…
Though it may surprise you, replacing a flat roof actually requires different types of roofing materials than sloped (or pitched)…